Maple Bleu Brussel Sprouts
Maple Bleu Cheese Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound or 1 stalk brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and sprinkle with kosher salt. Add brussel sprouts to pan and turn to a medium heat.
2. Add chicken broth and season brussel sprouts with fresh ground pepper, saute with lid ajar about 10 minutes.
3. Return to pan and add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Mix well and transfer to serving dish. Sprink with bleu cheese, cranberries and nuts. Serve immediately.