Sauteed Brussels with Fresh Citrus
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Fresh Citrus
*This recipe is very simple and clean which I love amongst all of the heavier side dishes. You could add some nuts to this dish or even a little parmesan if you wanted. You can roast the brussel sprouts or saute them stove top (we will be explaining this method). Cooking at the holdiays can be hard getting the oven time you need so use whatever cooking method is available to you.
- 1 pound or 1 stalk brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and sprinkle with kosher salt. Add brussel sprouts to pan and turn to a medium heat.
2. Add chicken broth and season brussel sprouts with fresh ground pepper, saute with lid ajar about 10 minutes.
3. Return to pan and sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice. Mix well and cook a little longer until brussels are tender. Once ready, add zest stir quickly and then pour brussels and drippings to serving bowl. Serve immediately.