Easy Chicken Parm Bake
Easy Chicken Parm BakeThis is a super easy weeknight recipe. We made this for 2 in a 9x9 casserole dish but you can certainly double the recipe and use a larger dish if you are serving more people.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken tenders or breasts
- 1 jar tomato basil sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 ribbons basil cut into ribbons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Put a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of your dish.
2. Then place your chicken breast or tenders in the dish, sprinkle chicken with fresh garlic, fresh basil, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and red pepper flakes
3. Then layer with more sauce, and your mozzarella cheese
4. In a separate bowl mix together you panko, olive oil, parsley and parmesan cheese, then layer this mixture on top as your final layer.
5. Lightly cover your dish with foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes, cook uncovered for the last 10 minutes so your topping becomes brown and crisp
6. Serve this dish along since sautéed green beans, eggplant or zucchini