Super Bowl Sunday Recipes
Cobb Salad Dip with Crouton Dippers
1. Combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, dill, lemon, cayenne, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
2. In a dry skillet, heat to medium heat. Add pancetta to pan and cook until crispy. Transfer to plate and drain on paper towel.
3. In your serving dish, spread greek yogurt mixture in bottom of dish. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, radish, green onions, pancetta and blue cheese crumbles. Serve with Trader Joe's Garlic Cheese Croutons, Trader Joe's Everything Pretzel Thins, veggies or salt and vinegar chips would be delicious!
Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos with Spicy Taco Sauce
- 2-3 boneless skinless breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Organic Spicy Taco Sauce
- your favorite chips
- shredded cheese
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- greek yogurt
- sliced olives
- fresh or pickled jalapenos
- fresh or pickled onions
- fresh tomato
- fresh avocado
- fresh radish
- salsa of your choice
- canned black beans, drained, rinsed and dried well
For the chicken:
For the nachos, take your pick from the following:
1. The night before or at least 4 hours before you want to make your nachos, place breasts in crockpot with seasoning. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6. Then remove breasts from crockpot. Once slightly cooled, shred chicken breasts using two forks. Set aside.
2. When you are ready to prepare your nachos, preheat oven to 400. Then line a sheet pan with foil. Or prepare on an oven safe dish like I did in which I did not put foil since I was serving off of this dish. If there is foil on your dish, who cares! Less mess for you.
3. Spray pan or dish with a little nonstick spray. Then arrange chips. Layer with cheese, chicken and optional beans. Bake for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
4. Then remove from oven and start adding your toppings. We love fresh cilantro, avocado, pickled onions, jalapeno, salsa and Greek yogurt. You can seriously whatever add whatever you want!
Pulled Pork Tacos with Green Apple SlawThis recipe is perfect with the Green Apple Slaw and stacks up nicely inside a white corn tortilla. Seriously so easy and extremely tasty. Enjoy! *All recipe ingredients (except for dried onions) available at Trader Joe's.
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons maples syrup
- 2 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bag broccoli and carrot slaw
- 1 green apple skin on, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
For the pork:
For the slaw:
1. Place pork tenderloin in crockpot. Add all ingredients directly on top of the tenderloin. Cook on low for 6 hours. Stirring and adding low sodium chicken broth splash or water if meat is looking too dry. (If you are doubling the recipe I would only do one 1/4 cup low sodium soy and then 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water).
2. For the slaw, mix together broccoli and carrot slaw, apples, cilantro and green onion.
3. In a separate bowl mix together your yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey and dry seasoning. Mix well and taste. Feel free to add more of any flavor you prefer. Pour dressing over vegetable and toss.
4. Once pork is cooked, shred pork with forks. If you wish to crisp pork a bit before serving move to medium/high heat skillet for about 5 minutes to make ends crispy. Move to serving plate and drizzle with the delicious crockpot juices.
5. Assemble in tortilla will a little monterey jack cheese and top with your bright Green Apple Slaw!
Turkey Sliders with Sauteed Peppers and Remoulade
Slider & Pepper Ingredients:
1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, green onions, garlic, dried thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into 8 patties. Sprinkle the outsides of the patties with your paprika. The paprika has a great flavor and helps the patties get a beautiful golden color.
4. In a skillet heat olive oil medium-low heat. Add sweet peppers and onion; cook about 10 minutes or until very soft and tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
5. On a sheet pan, lay your foil. We like to spray with Trader Joe’s coconut cooking spray. Place the sliders on the sheet pan. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping at the 15-minute point.
6. While the patties are cooking, assemble the remoulade sauce. Combine yogurt, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, relish, capers, fresh parsley and Tabasco (optional), chill remoulade until ready to serve.
7. Toast your multigrain buns, then apply remoulade sauce on both sides of your bun, then place pattie on top and top with your sautéed peppers. Serve with more remoulade or spicy ketchup for dipping.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup
We are always looking for a new and creative way to put blue cheese on anything! This soup is a healthier way to get all of those delicious game day flavors with fewer carbs and calories. We absolutely love the use of cauliflower in this soup to give great texture and heartiness. If you are in a rush you could really speed things up by using a rotissere chicken in this recipe and cut your cooking time in half! Don't forget to top your soup with any clever combination of toppings: chips, blue cheese crumbles, radish, green onion or even a little bit of your leafy celery tops!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- 2 cartons, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Frank's Red Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (optional if you would like it a bit creamier)
1. Layer the bottom of your crockpot with carrots and celery. Add your chicken breasts on top. Then top your chicken with your garlic, spices, chicken broth, honey and hot sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2. One hour before serving remove chicken and shred, then add pack to your pot. Then add in your cauliflower, coconut milk (optional) and black beans. Mix well and cook 30 minutes to 1 more hour.
3. Serve soup in warmed bowls and top with blue cheese crumbles, chips, buffalo sauce, chips of your choice, green onions, radish or Greek yogurt. The toppings are endless, enjoy!