Sheet Pan Greek Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes & Potatoes
Sheet Pan Greek with Roasted Tomatoes & Potatoes
It's fall ya'll! Now it is totally appropriate to turn on that oven and get roasting. This sheet pan dinner is the perfect weeknight dinner (feeds about 4) and also usually prepares leftovers for the next day. Enjoy!
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on or off
- 12 small baby potatoes, (we like this red and fingerling mix)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- handful of freshly chopped Italian parlsey
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line sheet pan with foil.
2. Slice the onion and quarter and cut potatoes into quarters. Combine the sliced onion, garlic, tomatoes, and potatoes directly on sheet pan, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano. Toss together with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Spread out the potatoes, tomatoes and onion in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. You are roasting just the veggies here since potatoes take a bit longer to roast.
4. Meanwhile, season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. When the 15 minutes have passed, take the sheet pan out of the oven and flip some of the potatoes so they brown on all sides.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF. Add seasoned chicken breasts to the baking sheet of veggies. I arranged the breasts to be nuzzled in between the veggies. Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness of breasts). I flipped the chicken breasts at the 15 minute point.
6. To serve, place chicken breast and veggies on plate. Garnish with olives and crumbled feta on top. Fresh parsley would also be great sprinkled on top.