Pulled Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw
Pulled Pork Tacos with Green Apple SlawHappy National Taco Day! This pulled pork is one of our weeknight staples at the Trader's Table. It is perfect with the Green Apple Slaw and stacks up nicely inside a white corn tortilla. Seriously so easy and extremely tasty. Enjoy! *All recipe ingredients (except for dried onions) available at Trader Joe's.
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons maples syrup
- 2 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bag broccoli and carrot slaw
- 1 green apple skin on, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
For the pork:
For the slaw:
1. Place pork tenderloin in crockpot. Add all ingredients directly on top of the tenderloin. Cook on low for 6 hours. Stirring and adding low sodium chicken broth splash or water if meat is looking too dry. (If you are doubling the recipe I would only do one 1/4 cup low sodium soy and then 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water).
2. For the slaw, mix together broccoli and carrot slaw, apples, cilantro and green onion.
3. In a separate bowl mix together your yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey and dry seasoning. Mix well and taste. Feel free to add more of any flavor you prefer. Pour dressing over vegetable and toss.
4. Once pork is cooked, shred pork with forks. If you wish to crisp pork a bit before serving move to medium/high heat skillet for about 5 minutes to make ends crispy. Move to serving plate and drizzle with the delicious crockpot juices.
5. Assemble in tortilla will a little monterey jack cheese and top with your bright Green Apple Slaw!