Sheet Pan Sweet Chili Chicken with Delicata Squash & Coconut Rice
Sheet Pan Sweet Chili Chicken with Delicata Squash and Coconut Rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenders or thighs
- 2 delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced into half rounds
- ½ cup Thai chili sauce
- ¼ cup cranberry juice or pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, green onions and peanuts for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Prepare your sheet pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
2. Mix together the Thai chili sauce, pomegranate or cranberry juice, soy sauce ginger, honey and garlic.
3. Cut squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and cut into half rounds. Then place chicken at one end of the sheet and the squash at another. Toss the chicken with half of the sauce, reserving the rest for serving. Toss the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is tender. At the 10 minute point, rotate the pan and drizzle a little extra sauce if needed over the chicken.
5. While chicken is cooking. Prepare your white rice. Once cooked, add in your optional coconut milk. Season lightly withs salt and pepper.
6. Remove chicken from the oven. Assemble plate with chicken, squash and rice. Drizzle chicken with more sauce. Sprinkle with pomegranates, cilantro, peanuts and green onions.
*Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest by Tieghan Gerard